Mar 27, 2006

Was it a Stagette or was it a Bridal Shower?

That was the question so many people had. I guess we'll never know!!

9:30 am
I had a great time on Saturday starting off with Breakfast with Melissa at Nelly's. We both had the belly buster, and perhaps that's why I didn't eat so much for dinner.
11:00am
After breakfast I headed of to Swizzle sticks for a much needed hair cut and colour. Darryl did a great job getting me ready for my next adventure.
12:30pm
Quick coffee at starbuck with Melissa
3:00pm
After waiting for Eszter and Monica to arrive at my house (they got lost for over 1 hour - not their fault but the fault of the Police), we headed out to Cochrane for a manicure - Which actually had to be in the form a gift certificate due to the lengthy "lost" time. Poor girls will they ever find their way around Calgary? Well since we missed the Manicure appointment we went straight to the diner (not dinner) for a slice of cheese cake and some good old fashion girl time. It was nice to spend the day with those 2 crazy girls...They kept me laughing the entire time.
6:00pm
Arrived back at the house to find Melissa, Jerilee and Sarah preparing for the evenings activities.
Melissa had purchased balloons, crave cupcakes (which were specially ordered for the tropical theme), and tulips to make the house look great!! I have to say she did an awesome job organizing and getting everything ready...I am lucky to have such a great friend!!
6:15pm
Guests started arriving so we could get the party under way.
7:00pm
Dinner started - It was quite the little mess trying to organize 6 fondue pots and 2 raclettes...considering the electric era is here. Funny how they give you a cord about a foot long and expect you to plug it into the wall. We had so much food and I have a 2 pound bag of cut up chicken in the freezer to eat now.
8:00pm
Jerilee did the dishes...and then she did some more...and then she did some more.
9:00pm
After the kitchen was cleaned up we started the Chocolate fondue. It didn't last long as I think we all ate the chocolate in about 3.5 seconds.
9:15pm
Gift opening and games. Melissa had organized a fun game for me, in which I had to answer questions about Jeff. Come on who knows who a persons first crush is? Jeff told me later that Natasha was a girl in elementary and actually worked on the same floor as me up until 2 weeks ago. I'll have to go look for her, you know to see if she's pretty.
Even after you tell people that "I DON'T WANT GIFTS", I still received some very nice gifts.
11:30pm
The last of the guests left and Jeri lee, Melissa and myself put away the garbage and called it a night.

I really want to thank Melissa for putting on such a great party for me. I know how much money, effort and time she put forth. Even after not sleeping for the week, she still managed to put on a smile and look great!!
To everyone who helped out and came to celebrate with me, it was very much appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserved it! I'm glad you had a great time...I'm definitely stealing a cupcake when I go over to your place today...

Fernandez Family said...

Kris- I'm so sad that I missed the party but reading your blog and seeing the pictures made me feel a bit like I got to be a fly in the wall! Can't wait for your return.
Tanya