May 8, 2006

Strolling Along

The weekend was great!!
Friday night we headed out for a birthday party for one of Jeff friends Vadim. Well little did I know who Vadim's friends were...One of them just happened to be one of my old boyfriends. It was interesting to see Jeff's reaction when the ex hugged me. Jeff was stunned that I knew him...But the ex was even more stunned when I introduced Jeff as MY HUSBAND....Anyways we stayed till about 11:30 then headed home for a good nights sleep.

Saturday was spent checking out Garage Sales in our neighborhood. It wasn't all that great, and we only bought some books, and a car seat (a back up for the grandparents). Then around 1pm I dropped Jeff off at the golf course and headed over for a visit with my mom.

Later that night we were invited to my Friends Callie & Troy's house warming party. It was also their 4 year anniversary. They have a really cute house in inglewood. I tell you, that neighborhood is really nice. Lots of nice homes, and kids running around. It was good to see old friends that I hadn't seen in almost 3 years. Callie went to India in March to learn how to teach yoga, and is going to start up her own Studio with her best friend Kelly. They learned prenatal Yoga as well, so I am going to get started on that ASAP.
She is also does Reki out of her home and I received a certificate for one free session with her. I'm really excited to check it out.

Reiki is a Japanese technique for healing, stress reduction, and relaxation. It is based on the belief that energy flows through living organisms. This unseen energy is typically referred to as "life force energy" or ki. Practitioners believe that ki is all around us and can be harnessed by the mind.


On Sunday we went baby shopping. I purchased a baby stroller and I am so pumped about it. http://www.valcobaby.com/Toddler.html
This link shows the exact model I have, but with out the toddler seat in the front. I liked the fact that I can eventually convert this into a double stroller. That is the first big purchase for us...Although not the last. Why didn't anyone tell me it will cost us like 2 grand to get started?

2 comments:

Proud Momma said...

I totally forgot about all the things you have to buy! I always just think about the diapers and formula! I saw that stroller in Bo Bebe at Market Mall last week and thought it was so clever for a double stroller!

Heather Palmer said...

I miss strolling around Calgary!!!