Jun 6, 2006

George Straight

Last Night Jeff and I attending the George Straight concert at the saddle dome. We got tickets from work, and decided it would be a fun date night.
We had dinner at the Ship & Anchor on the patio which was really nice. We headed over to the concert around 8pm. Had I known that Miranda Lambert was playing the warm up portion I would have gone sooner. I really like her music and was upset we missed her performance. Tracy Lawrence was the second act, and it was ok, but I'm not a huge fan of his.
Finally around 9:00 George Straight came out. It was great music and the crowd was really into it. Although Jeff is not into Country music he had a good time pretending he was having fun. He actually said he had more fun watching some stupid drunk women dance like a retard. She ended up being escorted out of the building for trying to run on stage later in the evening. We left around 10:40, as I was getting tired. Unfortunately I did not bring my camera with me to get any pictures of the concert.

2 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Sounds awesome! I love George Straight. Are you going to the Tim/Faith concert this summer? I wish I could afford tickets, they are like $80/US here.

Krissy Marshall said...

Oh I would love to go to that concert...the dixie chicks are also coming this summer!!!!