Jun 26, 2006

Wedding Hoopla

Wedding Overload

Jeff and I were completely busy this weekend with the last of the Wedding hoopla. Friday night was the cocktail reception at the Tuscany Club. I think it went well, although Jeff and I said we didn’t get to spend enough time with everyone. Judy did a great job getting things prepared and it came off looking lovely.
I had a great surprise when a friend from Vancouver showed up unexpectedly. She wasn’t going to come, and then last minute decided to jump on a plane to attend. Ok she didn’t just come for the party; she came to see old co-workers and her brother too.
Everyone commented on how many Pregnant women there were…6 in total. My expanding mid section was a total surprise to many of the Marshall’s friends, and they were equally excited for the arrival of the baby as they were for the marriage.
We had lots of friends help cleaning up and hauling the gifts and such out to the cars. Thanks to Jerilee & Ron, Chris & Allison & Geoff & Rebecca. Also big thanks to Jaymee who helped make cupcakes and kindly offered her house so we could decorate them on Friday afternoon. We had a good time decorating the cupcakes. My mom said they were the best cupcakes she’s had - Ok not the chocolate ones (those were the ones I made), but the vanilla ones were good (Jaymee made those ones).

Saturday Afternoon we headed out to my Dads place – Out past Cochrane – for a family BBQ. I had a few relatives come from out of town, so I wanted to spend some QT time with them. The day was absolutely beautiful, and Cindy (my dad’s wife) did an awesome job with the food and hosting the event. Jeff and I didn’t leave till 12am; we were having such a great time. It was good to see my Grandma Bergland – From Penticton, my Uncle and Aunt and my 2 cousins from Edmonton. We played horse shoes, walked along the river, ate way too much food, and enjoyed some good music provided by my father.

Sunday we had Delores, Harold, Don & Judy over for breakfast and the gift opening. I made waffles with my new waffle iron – A gift from Scott Robertson. They turned out great and we were able to eat on the deck it was such a nice morning. My mom hadn’t seen the wedding video, so I put that on for her – She cried.
We received so many wonderful gifts from our Family and Friends. We can get rid of all our hand-me-down appliances and dishes.

1 comment:

Heather Palmer said...

Glad it went well...so sad I couldn't be there!