Jul 14, 2006

This Week in Review


This week I only had one event and that was Girls Night on Wednesday. Jen was a great host. Next time it will be a LONG drive to her new house in Mackenzie Town. Unfortunately it couldn’t be farther away from me. Oh well I know how much they’ll enjoy living in their own space again. I’m sure Grandma and Grandpa will be happy to get their house and garage back!!
This time Tanya was the one to be missing from our fun night, but she was terribly sick. I hope she’s feeling better soon as I need to see her and Teo!!
It was great to see Heather again, and it’s just not the same with out her here. She’ll be heading back to Oregon this Friday or Saturday.
The girls were great at helping me realize exactly what I’ve gotten myself into with this whole baby thing. After talking with them and hearing their struggles with parenting and knowing what to do; it will come in time and I’ll just fake it till then!! Libby gave me some great advise about getting the baby on a schedule (for feeding). Apparently she swears by it, so I will definitely try to execute it with precision.
I get so excited when I see all the girls with their kids, and knowing that soon I’ll really be able to relate to each of them.

Tonight I am hanging out with my friend Jaymee. Jaymee recently had a miscarriage, and it was quite shocking to hear that. She was 3 months along and thought everything would be ok. It’s always hard when friends have to go through hard times. I hear that my other friend Libby was able to send some comforting words to Jaymee, and she appreciated it very much. Libby went through the same thing just before she had Brayden, and sometimes no one else REALLY understands except people who have been through it. I’m happy she has more people in her corner to help her out!
Jaymee and I are going to try out a new Indian Restaurant in Bowness, and I’m already salivating from the thought.

Have a great weekend

1 comment:

Heather Palmer said...

Yummy. I love Indian Food. It was great to see you...I'll miss you!