Aug 21, 2006

Family Reunion

This weekend I had my family reunion in Wetaskiwin.
This is my Mom’s, Mom’s side of the family. It was really cool because 3 of the Sokoloski girls (my great grandmother and 2 of her sisters – Who are from Polish decent), married 3 of the Batt Brothers (my Great Grandfather and 2 of his brothers – who are of Ukrainian decent).
There were 80 people there, and most of them I didn’t know.
My Great Grandmother had 4 sisters and 3 brothers, and My Great Grandfather had 6 brothers and 1 sister. All of the siblings’ on both sides were invited to come with their families. Obviously some of the siblings are deceased, but you get the idea.

It was a good thing not everyone could attend, or else we would have had up to 200 people. Anyways we had a good time playing games, eating and chatting with my family. My grandmother (Delores) was a crazy kid/teenager, so it was fun listening to all the stories the cousins told. We even had some great scandals like illegitimate children, and gay cousins!!

On the way home I was grumpy and Poor Jeff did his best to make me feel better. I was uncomfortable driving back as the beds at the hotel sucked and my back was so sore.

Jeff went golfing with his family around 3pm for the first time this year, and I had a much needed nap. Around 7:30 pm I met up with them at the golf course for dinner.

No comments: