Sep 10, 2007

Movies & Biking

Sunday I was finally able to go see Hairspray with Sarah and Jerilee. I loved this movie, and was impressed by the entire cast. If you haven't seen it yet, please, do make the time.
That night we were treated to dinner at Shaina and Kevin's place. They are heading out to Italy soon, so it was nice to see them before they took off. We were also able to view Craig and Erin's photos from Africa. They recently took a 3 week trip to do a Safari and travel around Africa. The photo's were breathtaking and the stories incredible.

Yesterday Jeff, Tiko, Chris, Allison and I went out Mt. Biking. I have to admit though - I was very slow. The day was beautiful and at the top of our loop the view was excellent! The best part was about 10 min into our ride...My seat post was lowering down and practically making it impossible to ride up any hills. So we stopped to try to raise and tighten it. Well stupid me stripped the screw so it wasn't going anywhere but down. I thought to myself - well if I wasn't the slowest one already, this is really going to slow me down - if not make me quit

Jeff, being the crazy fit one, decided that he would ride my bike and I would ride his. He jumped on my bike and immediately I started to laugh. He looked like he was riding a 7 years old bike. His knees where inches away from the handle bars - He looked so squished.

He was able to ride the entire way on my bike not complaining once - Even though I know it was 10 times harder! Good damn thing he rode my bike or else I would have stopped and turned around way sooner. Needles to say I will be getting a quick release for my seat today!!

Also I need to say a big THANK YOU to my sister for taking Jonas that day. I know he didn't sleep much, but he had lots of fun with her.






2 comments:

Fernandez Family said...

Biker Chick! I'm proud of you - that looks so hard. Mat and I ride my parents bikes around the Varsity Estates loop and I barely make it home! Jeff loves you...what a sweet husband!

Julie Jimmieson said...

Man you are althete of the year babe! Good for you and all the adventures you and Jeff go on, that is awsome, no wonder you got your kick ass body back so fast after Jonas! Hmm just wondering where Tiko rides and where is his helmet??