Nov 13, 2008

25 Weeks

This weeks marks the 25th week for the current pregnancy. I had a Doctors appointment yesterday and things are great...except that I gained 7lbs this past month. Can you say Happy Halloween? I really can narrow the weight gain down to all the chocolate I've been eating. As you can see I am visually pregnant now, and have been enjoying the special treatment from others.

I also got my hair cut (20$ at Super Cuts!!). I will never spend hundreds of dollars at a trendy salon ever again. The the last 2 times I went to super cuts I have walked out completely happy, and I have NEVER been happy with expensive cuts. So forget it, swizzle sticks, you won't be getting my money!!

Jonas is doing well, and has really come along in the world of talking. It really makes him seem so much older when he can communicate. Although, I know the daily tantrums will continue to happen. Gotta love the Independence!!

There was a sale on Melissa and Doug Art Easel's at Chapters. I took Jonas over today, after his toddler class, and bought one for his Christmas Present. I have never been so ready to walk out of place without the item I went in to get, as I was today. Jonas really tested my every nerve. Just as we got to the till he decides to run around the store, and scream. I head off trying to find him, and of course this turns into a game. I sternly tell him to "get over here now"...but he doesn't budge. Finally I catch him and head back to the till. Well now the line is a bit longer and he's still trying to wriggle his way free. He ends up more or less crying on the floor all splayed out...I tried to tell him to stand up and say put, but he keeps trying to run away. Finally we get to the till with an all out tantrum happening. Then all of a sudden he stops and is completely fine. WHAT THE HECK??? That was my day, how was yours?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom always tells people the story of when she was 37 weeks preggers with my bro and I wanted to go on the mechanical horse at Zellers (no Walmart back then). She had one dime, so I got to ride it. But then, I wanted to go again (who wouldn't?) and she literally had no coin in her wallet...naturally, I threw the hugest tantrum - flailing, screaming, crying - and she dragged me out of there, yelling, "You're never going on the horsey again!" She swore after that day, I would always look at the horsey, but I never asked to go on it again (moral of this story: yelling clearly is the best way to get through to your child...haha)

Swizzle Sticks Fo' Eva!!!

Proud Momma said...

That was hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a toddler that has fits in public! I can see you sweating your face off standing in line! ha ha

You look great for 25 weeks by the way!

Julie Jimmieson said...

We have that Art Easle and it is great, don't worry it was worth going through the tantrum for! You look great by the way, love your little prego tummy. Please email me so I can add you to our blog readers list.
juliejimmieson@yahoo.ca

Fernandez Family said...

Oh Kris...this is my life all the time although now I have to abandon #2 to fetch #1. It stinks. So...as horrible as it is, It has become a habit for me to leave the kids locked in the car when I have an errand such as the one you did at Chapters. I'm in an out in no time and stress free. Of course this will only work until Teo learns how to undo his carseat. But hopefully he will be in fulltime school or something by then?!! You look so good - I love your hair and agree with the cheap cuts. I'm super cheap. As of late I've been putting scissors in my Mom's hands and saying "you can't go wrong..."