Jan 26, 2009

Good Lord Can This Really Be Happening

The Stomach Flu took a rotation in our house this weekend. It started out with Jonas on Friday Night...and since Jeff and I were out for work thing, and Grandma Judy watched him, I had no idea he was sick until Saturday Morning. Poor little guy was so sick. After a few trips to the toilet he understood why we run to it and would just say "go" when he felt it coming on.
The bad part is that we were staying at the Marshall's house because Jeff was staining our built-in desk, so I watched as one by one, each family member fell to the flu. Judy got sick Saturday Night, then Don Sunday afternoon then finally Jeff last night. I have been able to avoid the stomach flu this far, and am really hoping I will NOT come down with it tonight.
So basically we did absolutely nothing all weekend, and into today with Jeff falling prey. Jeff NEVER takes a sick day, so when he does it means he's really sick. I do think he'll go to work tomorrow, even though he should stay at home one more day.

Oh and Melissa - that meant No Martini Monday for us!! Sorry another yawn post.

Did any of the boys/girls from the Birthday Party get sick this weekend?




One good thing about this weekend was I started and finished the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho...it only took me 3 hours to get though. I found it captivating and kind of like a short story with a moral at the end. It really makes you think about the hopes and dreams you've had in your life, and why you either did or didn't achieve them. It's based on 5 reasons people give up their dreams. It's a great read and recommend you pick up a copy.



I did finish The Pillars of The Earth some time last week. I actually didn't know there was a second book...I'll put off reading the second one for a while. I need a break from heavy books.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little Jonas! Oh and the rest of the fam. But, really, my heart goes out to the little guy.

I'm glad you liked the Alchemist! Short and sweet....

Too bad you're missing all these Martini Mondays! And yes, I'm planning Tequila Tuesday right before our trip to Mexico.

RAH said...

I still haven't been able to start the sequel to Pillars. I have to brace myself for another epic story.

Hope Jonas is feeling better!