Jan 1, 2009

Happy New Year's

Happy New Year's!!!
Yesterday Jeff, Jonas and I went skating at Bowness park. We had a great time, and the weather was excellent. Since we didn't buy Jonas skates this year, he went around in the stroller for a while...it didn't last long when he saw all the other kids skating, so Jeff took him out and let him "run" as he skated...see picture below. Of course there were tears when we decided to leave...I thought he was ready to go, but apparently not. Even though we've been spending lots of time swimming, bowling and skating...I have to be honest, we've been really board this holiday. Anyone else feel the same?





This is a picture of me losing my balance...

That night we headed out for Chinese with the Sr. Marshall's. Jonas loved the dumplings, and the Shanghai Noodles. After making a huge mess of the entire table we drove home. Unfortunately we did not stay up to ring in the New Year, but we did pretend to count down at 11pm when we went to bed.

As far as everything else in our lives, things are going along smoothly. I'm nearing 7 weeks left in the pregnancy, and feel really good. Oh and we are going on a Mountain get away next weekend to the Banff Springs Hotel. Jeff has been putting in long hours at the office, that they gave him an all expense paid trip to a mountain resort of our choice. I'm hoping to get into the spa for a much needed massage!!

Ho Ho, as Jonas says, has been put away since boxing day, and I couldn't be happier. I really hate having all the decorations up, and crap sitting out.
Well that's it, so have a good one!!

4 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I love the Santa picture below! That is friggin' hilarious!
I'm glad you are feeling good, and I can't wait to meet your new baby!! I don't know about you...but this pregnancy has gone very quickly for me. :) tee hee...

We are going to Banff Springs tomorrow....is that the weekend you are going or is it NEXT weekend? Maybe I'll see you there!

Unknown said...

SAD NYE....notice how I refrained from calling? Happy New Year to you and the fam!

Julie Jimmieson said...

Love Jonas' rosey cheeks and nose. The skating looks fun, hope you were careful! I agree about the XMAS decore. Put ours away too, I hate the clutter, the day after Christmas I want it all gone! Glad you are feeling well, you still look fab!

Proud Momma said...

Gee you'd never know you were prego in that puffy coat of yours! I miss skating at Bowness Park, it was always fun to skate down the river through the trees, so much more fun than one big boring rink.