Rhett Aubrey Marshall
February 25, 2009
7lbs 12oz
21 Inches
On February 25, 2009 at 2:58pm Jeff and I welcomed Rhett into our family.
The day started off for me at 5:30am...I was in bed thinking oh I think I'm in labor...let me give it a while to see what happens. Jeff was already out the door and heading to his Yoga class. At 5:50am I called Jeff to tell him that I was in labor, but that the contractions were nothing to be worried about at this time. I said I would call if things progressed. Jeff took part in his yoga class...saying it was surreal to know that today he would have a new baby. He came home after the class and I wasn't really progressing much.
Jonas was picked up at 9:30am and Jeff and I cleaned the house, did laundry and timed contractions. By 11am we decided that the contractions were getting closer together, and that we should leave for the hospital. By 11:15am we were on our way. Of course once we got to the hospital the contractions were few are far between...but that was the same as Jonas, and I was 7cm with him by then...so I thought perhaps it could be the same.
I was admitted into triage, and monitored for 30 min. The nurse checked me and I was 6cm dilated, so they admitted me. We got into the labor room around 1pm, and then the contractions really stated to pick up, and boom at 2:58pm Rhett was born. With this experience I was more aware of what was going on, and actually remember what happened. It was amazing , but I am so thankful that was my last time going though it!!

So far things have gone smoothly. Jonas is very helpful and tires to "love" Rhett any chance he can get...Like at 3am the other night. He has had a few accidents since Rhett came home. I'm thinking he likes to have his bum changed like Rhett. Oh the fun!!!
Anyways I'm off to the Baby Doctor for his check up.





5 comments:
I can't wait to hold him! So happy for the Marshalls (now "Marshall Madness" will be in full effect) xo
Congrats again! We can't wait to meet him!! He looks like Jonas, except with bigger cheeks. Another cute little guy! Let us know when you want a dinner and some muffins.
PS- You are a machine!
Congrats!! You are amazing... beautiful beautiful family!!
So excited to see the little guy...looks like you're doing great! Hopefully people bring you some food!
congratulations on your new addition :)
Post a Comment