It’s hard to believe that summer is over, and Jonas will be heading to Pre-school on the 8th. I know for sure that Jonas is going to love Pre-school, as he is so independent.
We got a letter from his teacher with instructions on the “How to help your child feel secure about school” talk. Ha, obviously she doesn’t know Jonas. Jonas will go to anyone’s house without me. He’ll play with anyone. He takes direction from anyone…Christ; sometimes I wonder why I’m even around.
Funny things he’s doing/saying:
* I go play my Friends?
* Hi Guy
* I go winter club?
* Crap Mommy? Where? (This is always after I’ve said it in frustration, and he wants to know where the “crap” is)
* When asked where daddy is he’ll reply “At work” or “Daddy Golf”
* I go Caway Park? (Caloway Park)
* He enjoys golf and we’ve been practicing on his shot…which isn’t too bad.
* He loves stealing Rhett’s soothers and hiding under a blanket while sucking on them (this drives me crazy)
* He enjoys getting into things he shouldn’t, then coming to tell me…I guess I can’t get too mad at him for being truthful.
* when we're in the car and I want to know what Rhett's doing I ask Jonas and he replies:
"Rhett Happy" (means he's awake) "Rhett Sleeping" (means he's sleeping)
* When he hears Rhett Crying he lets me know by saying "Mom, Rhett crying"
The other night we were out in the front yard talking with some neighbours, and Jonas starts walking away down the sidewalk. I asked him “Hey, where do you think you’re going?”
He replied “The Park…Bye Mom”
Rhett is almost crawling now. He’s doing the “on all fours rocking thing”…so it’s just a matter of time before I lose my mind.
Rhett loves to eat, and smile. Rhett is a sensitive soul, and we have to be careful not to speak too loud or play too rough. I just love going in to his room, seeing him smile and reach out for me. Melts my heart.
Today I went to a group swim class…and I’ve got to say I am DOG tired right now. I haven’t swum since I was in High School, and I’d forgotten what a complete body workout that is. I’ve signed up for a class every Thursday, and bought a swim suit and cap so that I can look really good. I’m sure anyone watching has a good laugh at my technique. Can you believe that the back crawl is the hardest stroke for me? I nearly drowned trying to turn my body enough to get the motion right. Again, it’s good for a laugh.
I bought a new lens for my birthday…yeah it’s a month early, but Judy was heading to the states so I’m having her pick it up for me. I’ll get it on Monday, and can’t wait to start using it. Heather told me that it’s the best lens for most situations, so I HAD to have it!! Perhaps my photos will start looking as good as hers?? One can hope, right?
Jeff passed his CFA exam. Was there ever really a doubt? He’s so disciplined; it almost makes me want to scream. The summer has been nice with him being available more, but come November he starts up again. One more year and it’s over!!
We are heading to Boyle this weekend to hang out with my Aunt & Uncle, cousins, sister and brother in law. We’ll do some boating, eating, and relaxing. I know Jonas is looking forward to sleeping in the tent again. A few weeks back we camped at Bow Valley camp ground and did the jewel pass hike. Jonas loved being able to pee in the trees and sleep in the tent.
Sep 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you'll have your lens in time for Baby Williscroft!
So, uh, did you book your flight to Van yet? Rhett wants to meet me.
Post a Comment