May 23, 2006

May Long Weekend

Well the weekend was a success. Friday Night I went and got Reki from my friend Callie. She said that I need to start being more feminine because my right side (masculine side) was too heavy. So I might indulge myself in a pedicure. She also gave my feet a rub, and boy was that ever great!! I went over to hang out with Jaymee that night...She is pregnant with her second child and is due in January. It was nice to hang out and talk...we haven't done that in a while. Her husband got into the Mountain Bike unit with the Calgary Police, so that means to more nights for 3 years!! They are really excited, because it’s been really hard with him working crazy hours. It will be so good for their family, as this will enable them to spend more time together.

On Saturday Jeff and I went to Ikea to pick out a set of drawers that can double as a change table. We got what we wanted and headed out to go pick up Jeff's new car.

He got his BMW, and I snapped a few pictures of him driving away. It's really nice and such a step up from his Honda


















I had been complaining "I have no clothes to wear". So on Sunday Jeff and I took a trip up to Edmonton. Tiko was so cute all the way there he slept in my lap with this legs stretched out. We figured out that Tiko steps on the hazard lights when we leave because it’s right in his foot path. So each time we’d leave him we’d come back to the hazard lights would be blinking.
I got 5 shirts and 3 pairs of pants to complete my expanding wardrobe. I've been so upset that I have nothing to wear, that it was such a relief to finally get pants that fit!!! Jeff picked out every item I purchased, because I was having a “fit”. It's good to have him to help me through those trying times. We also purchased a crib, and transported it home in the New BMW. It just fit into the trunk.
That night Ron & Jerilee stopped over (it’s so nice to have friend who just live down the block). Jeff and I were putting the crib together in the kitchen when Ron said “Do you think that’s going to fit through the door way?” So Ron and Jeff tired to get into the room (which it wouldn't), so Jerilee and I took it apart and put it back together while Jeff and Ron went and got some beer.



Monday was spent cleaning the house and the freaking windows. WOW. I hadn't cleaned them since we moved in almost 3 years ago. They needed it bad, and what a difference it made. We also had Geoff & Rebecca (we want them to get pregnant ASAP), Kevin & Shaina, Ron & Jerilee over for a BBQ - although it ended up being an inside BBQ due the rain. We watched the wedding video again, and got some good comments from our friends..

2 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Sounds like your "nursery" is coming along. It's fun to start getting baby stuff in there eh? It makes it seem not so far away. Enjoy those fun quiet evenings..they are almost over! :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're shopping!! I can't be the only one...oh, wait, I forgot about Sarah....